Christmas Bread Pudding

I've dipped back into my Soreen goody box for this little festive beauty.

As I've mentioned before I have a weakness for glacé cherries and cinnamon. My other Christmas flavour is Brandy. In my diet coke (other cola drinks are available), coffee, milk, cake (the only way it gets better is when it is Cherry Brandy!).

Here at BeeBee Towers we also love Christmas Pudding. I can find it rather heavy so mix it in with ice cream & my pudding truffles (often found in gift boxes for my friends & family). So I've lent the pudding flavours found inside the dense, rich Festive malt loaf to an enriched Bread Pudding.

Serves 4-6

1 Soreen Festive Loaf
300ml milk
2 tbsp brown sugar
1 tsp mixed spice
4 eggs
Generous slug of brandy
25g chopped walnuts
Handful of mixed dried fruit and glacé cherries.

1. Pre-heat oven to gas mark 4/180c.

2. Slice the malt loaf and break into pieces.

3. Pour over the brandy & leave to soak.

4. In an oven-proof dish mix the brandied bread, dried fruit & nuts.

5. Beat the eggs, sugar & mixed spice together. Pour over the bread mix. 

6. Put in the oven & bake for 30mins (covered in foil).

7. Check the custard. Remove foil & return to oven to crisp up (roughly 15 minutes).

8. Serve with either whipped cream or custard. 


For other Soreen products and ideas visit www.soreen.com 


Comments