Fruity Cinnamon Toast

It's been a funny old time over here at BeeBee Towers.


In the 2nd week of September my grandmother died. For the last 10 years I have been a carer for her, she lived just 11 doors away on the same street.  I could see her garden from the Princess Kitchen.  Last week a new family moved into the house where she used to live.

I've not really been in the kitchen, and I've really let a lot of my writing and food tinkering slide.

In the midst of this multitude of mayhem those of you who also follow my instagram account @beebeecavendish will have seen the lovely effervescent elves at SoreenHQ sent me the post amazing box of goodies. A care package when I needed one most.

The first item I took out of this multitude of malted goodness was the sliced Fruity Loaf.

When I'm feeling a bit down there are three things that always help... coffee, cinnamon and glacĂ© cherries. I'm a simple girl with simple tastes. I always have a mix of cinnamon sugar on standby.  It goes on many things from pancakes to cookies to lattes I make myself. There is something so comforting about cinnamon.

The dark mornings have also had a bit of a knock on effect in that The Brothers Thing are starting to actually stay in bed that bit longer (sometimes even have to be woken up for school). One such case was this week and how this quick simple treat came into fruition.

Here we go...

Cinnamon sugar:

1 part cinnamon to 5 parts vanilla sugar - I keep mine in a small airtight jar.

2 slices Soreen Fruity Loaf.

Toast the bread to your preference, I like mine warm rather than crispy/toasty.

Spread a thin layer of butter on to the toasted bread.

Sprinkle with a pinch or two of the cinnamon sugar.

Enjoy with a scorching hot cuppa.



Keep your eyes peeled for other Soreen-based dishes.



Comments