Butternut Squash and Blue Cheese Salad

This is a lightened up version of a recipe I happened upon few weeks ago. Very autumnal and satisfying. I have to admit that there is something about a warm salad that appeals to me. The recipe I first read can be seen here on Smith & Ratliff.

Serves 4 (easily scaled down)

1 small butternut squash, seeded, and cut into 1-inch pieces (I don't bother to peel as I like the texture of the roasted skin)
Frylight
sea salt and black pepper
4 tbsp chopped nuts (or roasted hazelnuts, roughly chopped)
1 tbsp. red wine vinegar
1 tsp. Dijon mustard
Mixed greens (I picked up a bag of peppery baby leaf salad)
1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
40g  blue cheese, crumbled
3 tbsp natural yoghurt, fromage frais & 0% Greek yoghurt

1. Heat oven to 230 degrees C. Spray the butternut squash with Fry Light and season with salt pepper. Roast, tossing once, until golden brown and tender, 30 to 35 minutes. Let cool slightly.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the vinegar, mustard, the remaining 3 tbsp yoghurt/fromage frais, salt and pepper. Add the squash, hazelnuts, salad leaves, and onion and toss to combine. Sprinkle with the blue cheese.

Comments