Spiced Pumpkin Latte

I found this recipe on line while I was searching for Starbucks-style coffees.

My version has come via Chocolate Covered Katie Recipe Girl and Blog is the New Black

I finally arrived at this one:

125 ml semi-skimmed (or skimmed) milk
1 tablespoon pumpkin puree (I have made my own by roasting and blitzing a butternut squash)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup hot brewed, strong coffee
1/2 tbsp cinnamon sugar free syrup
whipped cream, optional
ground nutmeg

Directions:

1. In a glass measuring jug or microwave-safe bowl, whisk together milk, pumpkin, syrup and vanilla. Microwave for 1 to 2 minutes- watch closely and remove it from the microwave when the milk is hot and frothy.
2. Blitz with a stick blender until even frothier. In a mug make the coffee, add the milky mixture. Stir up and taste.

3. You can add some whipped cream and a grating of nutmeg.

Comments